Today marks my 53rd trip around the sun, and for that, I am grateful! I take the gift and celebration of life to heart because so many individual have lives that are cut short. I don’t think I took the celebration of life seriously until my sister passed away at the age of 37.
We often live life with regrets, and my goal is to make sure I don’t have any at the end of this journey.
So, if you had the opportunity to give advice to your younger self, what would you, tell you?
Here’s what I would tell myself:
- Trust God. He always comes through. He is sooooo CLUTCH.
- Ask for what you want in life. All they can do is tell you no. And if no is the answer, NEXT!
- Trust your instincts, they’re usually right.
- When someone shows you who they are, believe it.
- Be patient. Choose wisely.
- Don’t allow anyone or anything to control your life.
- Commit random acts of kindness daily.
- Forgive those who have hurt you. It’s good for your soul.
- Don’t try to change who you are to make someone else feel comfortable. The real you is going to surface sooner or later. Trust.
- Love harder, laugh harder, dance harder!
I’d love to hear from you in the comments below, what advice would you give to your younger self?
Now I’m off to continue my birthday celebration with the Hubbs!
Love and light, y’all! Be blessed!